South Line is the only fire company in Cheektowaga to offer Advanced/Intermediate life support
with a State Certified Certificate Of Need for our residents.
* In house 12 Lead EKG ability to transfer data directly to the Emergency Department for quicker and appropriate cardiac care.
* Advanced Airway management for immediate Life Saving Techniques Minutes earlier for better outcomes.
* Advanced training of each Firefighter to the NYS Emergency Technician Level.
* Early Defibrillation capability with eight Defibrillators for Immediate Life Saving Intervention.
* Specialized Training with Ice rescue/cold water rescue techniques, with two full sets of Ice rescue equipment.
* Community CPR training for the South Line Fire District Residents - Free of Charge
* Baby Sitting Course offered to our community.
* Year round Fire Prevention to the community, day care settings, and adult care facilities and schools.
WHAT IS A FIREMAN?
He's the guy next door. He’s your coach and teacher.
He’s a man's man with a sharp memory of a little boy
who never got over the excitement of engines and sirens,
smoke and danger.
He's like you and me with worries and unfilled dreams,
And he stands taller than most of us.
He's a fireperson, putting a life on the line when the
He's a man who savors lives because he has seen too
He's gentle because he has seen
violence forces out of control.
He's responsive to a child's laughter because his arms
have held too many small motionless bodies.
He's a simple man who loves hot drinks held by
numbed fingers; fresh air pumping thru smoke
and fire convulsed lungs; a warm bed for a
tired body; the camaraderie of other brave
firefighters and the divine peace within
of selfless service for a job well done.
He doesn't shout obscenities when he honors a